Our Hydrotherapy pool is open for those with a referral from Therapists at SJF.
Hydrotherapy Pool is available for St Joseph’s Foundation service users only, it is NOT open to the general public.
Main Campus, Bakers Road, Charleville: 063-89252
The Northwest Cork CDNT (Charleville/Buttevant/Kanturk/Mallow/Millstreet/Newmarket)
North West Cork Children’s Disability Network, Floor 1, Blackwater House, Gouldshill, Mallow, Co. Cork - 022 30052
Niamh O'Shea - Childrens Disability Network Manager
Edel Fahy - MDT Administration CDNT North West Cork -
The Northeast Cork CDNT (Castlelyons/Fermoy/Mitchelstown)
St. Joseph's Foundation, Bakers Road, Charleville, Co. Cork. P56 KD26
Mary O'Dwyer - Childrens Disability Network Manager
Deirdre Ahern - MDT Administration CDNT- North East Cork - 063-89252 Ext 339
All about St. Josephs Foundation Hydrotherapy Pool, in Charleville.
St Joseph’s Foundation hydrotherapy pool is a great way to introduce children of all ages and adults to the joy of the water, in a safe, warm and comfortable environment.
- Our Hydrotherapy Pool measures 12 x 6 metres and we also have an adjoining baby pool, which has a step access to the main pool
- The water temperature is an average 32°C.
- The Hydrotherapy Pool has a range of therapeutic jets.
- Access to the pool is via the steps with a railing either side or by using the supervised poolside hoist.
- Our specially adapted dressing rooms are spacious and accessible to all.
- Hoists, baby changing facilities, toddler seats & Family changing area’s all available for use, under supervision.
What is Hydrotherapy:
Hydrotherapy is the use of water at an increased temperature for the maintenance of health, the treatment of disability to relieve pain and promote physical wellbeing.
Hydrotherapy may help people with the following:
- Low back pain, neck pain and soft tissue injuries.
- Arthritis and Osteoarthritis.
- Post orthopedic surgery (hip and knee replacements, fractures).
- Parkinsons Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis.
- Cerebral Palsy.
- Sports rehabilitation, spinal injuries & post amputation.
The Benefits of Hydrotherapy may include:
- Help in achieving physiotherapy and occupational therapy goals.
- Maintaining and increasing joint range of motion.
- Activating and strengthening weak muscles.
- Improving core stability, toning and shaping the body.
- Improving motor skills, balance and coordination
- Improving posture and gait
- Help with joint, muscle, tendon and ligament injuries.
- Help with back, foot and hip problems.
- Reducing stress on hips and knee joints.
- Reducing muscle spasm.
- Freedom of movement and independent mobility for wheelchair users.
- Help to build children’s confidence through baby and toddler groups.
Contraindications for Hydrotherapy (not an exhaustive list)
- Urinary tract infection
- Open or infected wounds.
- Skin infection.
- Cold/flu or infectious disease e.g. gastroenteritis.
- Uncontrolled heart condition.
- Heart disease.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure.
- Kidney disease.
Tel: (063) 33620 direct line