Rehabilitative Training Programme (or RT)
St. Joseph's Foundation Rehabilitative Training Programme has been designed as a foundation training programme to meet the needs of individuals with a learning disability.
• St. Joseph’s Foundation accepts referrals for adults with a primary diagnosis of an intellectual disability from within the operational catchment area of North Cork and South Limerick
• St. Joseph’s Foundation, currently, has 5 Rehabilitative Training Programme locations
• St. Joseph’s Foundation Rehabilitative Training Programme, for qualifying school leavers, is designed to equip participants with foundation level, personal, social and work related skills, that will enable them to progress to greater levels of independence, autonomy, advocacy, inclusion and integration.
The aim of the Foundation Programme is to provide participants with:
- Personal and practical skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary to promote independence and integration at home and within the community.
- Personal and practical skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary for sheltered work, supported work, voluntary work, and / or progress to further training and employment.
- Personal and practical skills which enhance quality of life in terms of health and social gain.
The RT Programme is trainee centred, realistic, flexible and adapted to individual needs.
It is the right of every adult with a learning disability to “achieve their full potential through a range of training options and supports congruent to their needs and receive quality training consistent with commercial / industrial standards”. – Standard No. QA00/01.
In this regard St. Joseph’s Foundation has developed a Foundation Rehabilitative Training Programme to equip participants with foundation level personal, social and work related skills that will enable them to progress to greater levels of independence, autonomy and integration.
Rehabilitative Programme Activities
• Personal Development & Healthy Lifestyles
• Identification & Use of Community Facilities
• Adult Literacy, Numeracy & € Management
• Health & Safety
• Office Procedures/Computers
• Sports & Fitness
• Equine Therapy
• Skills Sampling/Work Skills
• C.V. Preparation/Interview Skills/Job Sourcing
• Multi-Disciplinary Therapy Team
• Leading to QQI Certification – up to Level 3
Adult Education Programme
Content to follow……