At SJF, we welcome applications from people who would like to complete a work placement with us as part of the course they are attending.
Third Level placements
These placements are a way of finding out what it is like to work in the Foundation and learn about the people who avail of our services. It is a valuable experience for all involved and on many occasions those who take part apply for positions with us and are successful at interview and join our staff.
If you wish to complete your third level work placement with SJF, please
- Send all documentation in the one email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit hard copies to Monica O’Sullivan, St. Joseph’s Foundation, Bakers Road, Charleville, Co. Cork.
We will make every effort to accommodate your preferred period. Please note we have a limited number of places for each term, so allocated places will be filled on a "first come" basis.
- An up to date CV
- A letter from the college
- Confirming they are holding up to date Garda Clearance for you and also police clearance from any countries you have lived in for a period of 6 months or more
- Start/finish dates for placement,
- Total hours required, what needs to covered within the placement
- Verification of insurance indemnification cover for placement
Students on third level work placement also need to have the following courses completed before commencing:
- Manual Handling
- Fire Safety Training
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults available on line through HSELAND
- Introduction to Children First - – available on line through HSELAND
- AMRIC Hand Hygiene– available on line through HSELAND
- The fundamentals of GDPR – available on line through HSELAND
- Putting on and taking off PPE in a community healthcare settings – available on line through HSELAND
- Visit www.hseland.ie.
Firstly you must register with HSE Land to access training. Once registered you will find the training under Learning Catalogues - Health & Social Care Professionals & type in course name in the search bar. Please forward the certificate to Monica once course is complete. We will require copies of all certificates prior to commencement of the work placement.
If you are required to use your own car during your work placement (other than travelling to/from work) you will require class I insurance (use in connection with his/her business) and St Joseph’s Foundation needs to be indemnified on the policy. You will need to submit verification of this.
If you have, any queries please email email@example.com
TY Programme - Work Experience
Please note our TY Work Experience programme is now closed for the school year 2023/2024. We have been delighted to facilitate the wonderful students who are taking part this year.
Our TY Programme gives participants an opportunity to gain work experience in a number of areas within SJF and we look forward to meeting you all.
We would be delighted to receive your completed application. Please ensure to indicate in your application the week that you wish to participate in the programme.
We will make every effort to accommodate your preferred week. Please note we have a limited number of places for each week, so allocated places will be filled on a "first come" basis.
Please note for Transition Year students; Your application must be receieved for your work experience placement minimum of 6 weeks prior to your start date. This is due to delays with Garda Vetting. Please submit the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org