• St. Joseph’s Foundation accepts referrals for adults with a primary diagnosis of an intellectual disability from within the operational catchment area of North Cork and South Limerick
• St. Joseph’s Foundation has 13 Adult Day Service locations
• St. Joseph’s Foundation, currently, has 5 Rehabilitative Training Programme locations
• Day Service Programmes are person centred and adapted to each individual’s abilities, choices, and life goals
• St. Joseph’s Foundation Rehabilitative Training Programme, for qualifying school leavers, is designed to equip participants with foundation level, personal, social and work related skills, that will enable them to progress to greater levels of independence, autonomy, advocacy, inclusion and integration.
• Adult Education Programme – QQI Level 1-3
• Advocacy Group
• Green Committee
• Community Activities/Volunteering
• Equine Therapy
• Supported Employment
• Job Shadowing
• Skills Sampling/Work Skills
• Music Therapy
• Health & Fitness
• Multi-Disciplinary Therapy Team
Strengths of the Service – Community Focused..
St. Joseph’s Foundation prides itself on it’s continued focus on supporting individuals to have a meaningful role in their own community, for example we support individuals in:
•Part-time paid employment
•Supported Work Experience
•Volunteering roles e.g. Local Charity Shops/Men’s & Women's Sheds/Tidy Towns
•Part Time 3rd Level Education up to QQI Level 6
•Social Farming Initiatives
•Participation in Gaisce Award Programme - Bronze, Silver & Gold
•Building links with local ETB programmes
•Promoting independence, through use of public transport, Local Link, Bus Eireann etc..
•Accessing community amenities e.g. gyms, swimming pools, pitch & putt, community sports grounds etc..
Recently St. Joseph’s Foundation have opened 6 community based service locations, meeting individuals needs closer to their homes, supporting individuals to build a fully inclusive and meaningful role in their own locality.